Thursday, April 1, 2010

Working Out

According to the National Institutes for Health, a standard BMI for someone like me (I'm 5' 10" and 195 pounds), should be 18.5 - 24.9. For the longest time, I was at 28.5, which is considered overweight.


Yeah, overweight if I was from Bangladesh perhaps. But in America, that's skinny. Actually, its fit, considering I've got an athletic build. It is obviously not taking into account muscle mass. I'm assuming that they are calculating this metric based upon the fact that I am composed of approximately 40% beef lard, and 15% bone meal, and perhaps 5% kibbles & bits. Then it would be realistic to say I'm overweight.



But you know, ever since I've quit smoking, I've experienced a really alarming gain in my Body Mass Index. Well, again I have been working out pretty heavily. I realized I'd be gaining 10 extra pounds once I quit smoking, and so I anticipated this by hitting the gym.



Lots of cardio, which has helped with the spare tire (not that I had one to begin with). And of course, lots of weight lifting. Actually a ton of weight lifting, and perhaps I've gone a bit overboard. I've turned myself into a monster. Huge.



I recalculated my BMI today, and it is 102.5!



Which means I weigh 715 pounds. Which is not right. I weigh no more than 500. I've also gained a foot in height, so it has evened out. But only when I get angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.


Nah. Lame joke. April Fools.



2 comments:

  1. Watch out for that weight gain from not smoking. It didn't show up on Marc for a month or more and then over the course of a week he expanded mightily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Photo...hhhmmm...it's different than the profile photo...

    ReplyDelete