Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Dear Republican Asshole

With full knowledge of the futility of my engagement in civil affairs, I acted like an American citizen and contacted my congressman and senators about this silly debt crisis Congress insists upon inflicting upon the nation. I resisted the urge to start off the letter with "Dear Republican Asshole". Here's the text:

Representative Dold
10th Illinois Congressional District
Congress of the United States of America
Washington DC

Dear sir,

Al...right. You've had your fun, enough already. I, for one, am tired of this cynical political game of brinksmanship you Republicans have recklessly forced upon the nation. And please do not insult the intelligence of the voting public with the ridiculously horrid "Cut, Cap, and Balance" approach. "Hack, Halt, and Hobble" is more like it. Really, do you need a balanced budget amendment to goad you and the Republican House into adult responsibilities? I manage do so with some good old-fashioned personal discipline. Congress might like to try that. 
Enough of this childish engagement in creating red herrings. Pass a bare bones debt ceiling hike as you so-called "fiscal conservatives" have done over the last ten years. Here, I'll make it easy for you: "To permit continued financing of Government operations. Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, SECTION 1. CONTINUED FINANCING OF GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS. Subsection (b) of section 3101 of title 31, United States Code, is amended by striking the dollar amount contained therein and inserting `$20,700,500,000,000'". 
See how easy that was? I threw in an extra chunk change to pay for the extra $5 trillion that the Ryan plan will saddle on us taxpayers. Quit messing around. Act like an adult. Bump up the debt limit without all the infantile histrionics. I for one put the interests of the nation ahead of the interests of the Republican Party. Can you? 
Sincerely,
 John Kurman


Regardless of what happens over the next two weeks, I will continue to advertise the same message I've about Republicans and the economy that I have maintained for the past ten years:

YOU broke it. YOU bought it.

3 comments:

  1. I've been away for a while and have missed reading your stuff...Must come back...I wrote Mr. Boehner...

    ReplyDelete
  2. should have included an admonition to get of the tax cuts for the rich and tax loopholes for rich corporations and, oh yeah, end the stupid fucking wars they started that got us in this mess in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder, Ellen. I'll put that in the next love letter.

    ReplyDelete