Friday, July 6, 2012

The London Shard

People don't like it. They say it looks like a giant salt shaker. I don't mind. I'm no Dr. Who fan, but it doesn't bother me any...

Okay, no, here's the real one:

Photo courtesy of Christian Science Monitor

Hot! Most of the middle American continent is hot. After an 80 degree Marhc and a very mild winter, I  was expecting this. 120 in August? People don't seem to realize that North America is traditionally arid. Maybe, with the latest drought map, they will.

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/


I'm wondering if it is time to start looking at land in the Hudson's Bay area.

Lastly, I've heard no good jokes about the Higgs boson. I made a groaner about priests liking the Higgs, because it has something to do with mass, but... oh, fuck it.

3 comments:

  1. after suffering through an exceptional drought last summer, I'm glad it's not us this summer, though I do have sympathies for those who are getting hit this summer.

    on the other hand, if global warming continues, and I see no reason why it won't based on our past performance, I should be getting some ocean front property.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are still not out of the woods, according to the NOAA map.

      Delete
  2. I live in the Northeast, where grass grows as soon as you stop digging. When I see grass lawns in places like Albuquerque, though, I want to go around with a Mattock destroying those stupid buried irrigation systems everyone seems to have.

    ReplyDelete