Monday, August 19, 2013

Back In Action


Not entirely, not quite. I got the Foley catheter out today and stopped in at the college - primarily to eat lunch. It's still easier to eat cafeteria food than go shopping and cook for myself, and the food is better.

I am taking it easy, as the nurse who removed my catheter this morning requested. I'm counting the number of times I pee, and what the sensations are, and whether there's any blood.

I couldn't go back home, so I'm just taking it easy at the college. I was literally going out of my skull with boredom over the weekend. I watched "The Hobbit" about three times, and I don't think I can stand another fucking dwarf.

I also churned through a stack of books that was to last me for the week in about three days. I read about the Glorious Revolution of 1688, and a sci-fi book by Charlie Stross called "Saturn's Children", and a book about black holes by Kip Thorne, and a book about our cryosphere and global warming called "The White Planet" or some such, and a book by the late Iain M Banks called "Matter". Okay, "Matter" I'm not quite done with, and I've some thoughts on the Glorious Revolution I need to ponder over. Oh, right, and a fluff book about time travel by Cliff Pickover that took me about 30 minutes to go through.

Honestly, if I were to believe in reincarnation, I'd have to wonder what series of mediocre past sins I had committed in prior lives that would result in my getting a tube up my dick not once, but now three times! Seriously, what kind past life sins would result in this dick purgatory I'm going through?  I don't know. I don't want to know.

In any case, I'm back, and after a easy day, I'll back working despite what the doctors tell me to do.

Because, I can't not be doing something. It ain't natural.

3 comments:

  1. Unintentional catheter tip detail?

    Brings to mind those nocturnal commercials for catheters with polished eyelets that are purported to be ever so much less painful than the P16 sandpaper variety that your average yokel gets tortured with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since you mentioned it, things nocturnal, what would normally be a reassuring "systems check" became an a counterinstictive pain avoidance procedure... involving unyielding plastic tubular restraints...
      I wonder how the commercials address THAT contingency?

      Delete
  2. me either. I hate just sitting around not doing anything.

    ReplyDelete