Tuesday, December 10, 2013

"Healthcare" and "Industry" are mutually exclusive

Thanks to the cowards in Congress, an attempt was made to undermine the ACA by reinstating some of the cancelled policies. BCBS of IL sent me a letter saying that I could have my old insurance policy back.

Why?

Why would I want that old shitty policy that I have to pay three times as much for for less coverage? I already got a new policy through the healthcare.gov marketplace. They called me up to confirm. They sent me a letter with the new policy info and the number and everything. I was waiting for the new cards. That's what I want. I want that new policy.

So, the letter saying I could have my old shitty policy back mentioned that information was forthcoming. That new information arrived. It was a premium notice for the old shitty policy.

Well, fuck that. I don't want that shitty old policy. I had it, and didn't want to keep it.

So, now, courtesy of the cowards in Congress, I have additional hoops to jump through in order to cancel my shitty old policy, and get my new policy going.

If I let it, it would make me angry.

How angry?

Angry enough to want to do bodily harm to certain members of Congress. Nothing major. Nothing that would cause them any lasting harm. Just maybe a knee to the groin, and a finger poke in the eye. Enough so that they could experience my frustration.

At the very least, a good swift kick in the ass would be in order.

4 comments:

  1. I've really appreciated your posts about your ACA experiences and thoughts. I keep hoping things will work out for the new law, and for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on the phone to BCBS of IL, trying to get their bureaucratic hosing of my policy straightened out. So far, I'm listening to alternate repeating loops of bad Lite Rock, which has sufficient pause between the loop to get me to expect I will be talking to a live person. Before I relieve this kind of torture by stabbing myself in the eye with a pen, I'll just hang up and try later.

      Delete
  2. Ha! I laughed out loud at your description of that pause in the loop, I know exactly what you mean. I hope you get it all sorted out soon. Did you see the piece in the NYT this weekend, quoting a lawyer whose (apparently very cadillac!) health insurance plan will increase for $10,000 to $15,000 under the new law? She identified herself as a progressive who voted for Obama, but went on to say had she known of this increase in her premiums, she would have voted for Mitt Romney. MITT fucking ROMNEY. So much for compassion, justice and principle. Here's the article: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/14/nyregion/with-affordable-care-act-canceled-policies-for-new-york-professionals.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just goes to show you, in America, even smart people can be stupid. So, if Ms. Meinwald is any good as a lawyer living in NYC, she's pulling down, what, $1.5 - 2 million a year? Let's say she is not so good, and makes around $350-400,000 a year. So her health insurance cost of living went up 1.4% of her income. She should try life for the other 50% of America, that makes $35,000 a year, and shells out nearly 20% of their income for shitty coverage, if they are lucky. Quite frankly, the pampered little poodle can go fuck herself.

      Delete